Thursday, July 18, 2013

Secret workout that helped me get massive biceps

Secret to Bigger Biceps

If you are a male and have been working out for any lengthy amount of time, you all know the feeling when it comes to wanting big arms so you can wear your tank tops in the summer time whenever you go out and having big cut up arms is just a very attractive look. Let me share with you my personal experiences and struggles with getting big biceps and I hope this can give anyone out there who is reading this some guidance on how not to approach getting bigger arms. OK, what I previously did was a typical bodybuilding split and I would only work my biceps one time a week (but mind you, these bicep workouts were still very high volume and lasted anywhere from 35-50 minutes of straight blasting my biceps. They were anywhere from 12-20 sets total on my biceps). My biceps were freakishly strong to be the size they were, I was curling 55lb dumbbells for 4-7 reps for 2-3 sets. I noticed that no matter how much my strength improved when it came to standing dumbbell curls, the size of my biceps changed very little. (Another key thing to remember, gaining strength and building muscle are two different things. I cannot stress that enough. But there is a way to improve at both cohesively and rapidly, it just takes precise training) I started doing tons of research on the science behind building muscle, reading some of the top rated bodybuilding books, rigorously viewing various YouTube fitness/bodybuilding channels and their thoughts on increasing the size of your biceps and also asking many successful strength coaches and fitness trainers. During this process I was also working towards getting my Personal Training Certificate, so I retained a ton of information about muscle building and fitness in general and the one thing that completely changed my approach and look to my arms was one thing (or 2 things, depending on how you look at it). Those things were Muscular Overload/Hypertrophy and also the muscle’s time under tension; and also a secret arm workout and sequence I found out about and did myself that changed everything, literally. Progressive Muscular Overload in a nutshell is a period of time where you overload the muscles by increasing the volume and frequency dramatically in which you train that muscle and also decreasing rest periods between sets. Also doing a lot of dropsets and supersets, those are amazing for gaining muscle mass fast. And muscular time under tension is just what it sounds like, the time your muscle is under tension. To incorporate time under tension I recommend adding in some more isometric exercises to your arm routine and also some “slow curls”. After finding out this information I started noticing some gains after the first week, but the gains were not that significant. They didn’t become significant until I implemented this secret workout. The secret workout is so simple that you will think I am joking when I tell you what it is……. You ready???  (Drum Roll Please……………………..)
The secret workout is doing 50 pullups 6 days a week for 4-6 weeks straight along with your increased bicep workouts.I recommend training biceps 2-3 days a week and having 2 of those workouts being high volume. The first workout must be super high volume, then after that one of the workouts must be moderately high volume and then if you choose to work them out 3 days a week, then the last workout should be kind of like a "touch up" workout and not high volume. I am currently on my 3rd week of doing this and have noticed dramatic gains, and my arms are quickly becoming one my most proud body parts. I also recommend this to anyone who has felt like they have hit a plateau in muscle building.

The beauty of this style of training or simple sequence is that you can apply it to any body part you feel is lagging. I personally have not done if for any other body part besides arms, so I am not going to sit here and tell you something I have not done and been successful with.

No comments:

Post a Comment